This is one of my favourite dessert recipes. It’s easy to make; it’s creamy, sweet, comforting, and guilt free!
This recipe is also diabetic friendly. 🙂
500 ml Milk (Can use low-fat or skim milk for lower calories)
1/2 tea spoon Vanilla extract
2 Whole eggs
2 Egg yolk
2 table spoons Sweetener
1/2 tea spoon Flour
- Pre-heat the oven at 160 degree Celsius.
- Heat the milk and vanilla in a saucepan over medium-high heat until almost boiling.
- Lightly whisk together the whole eggs, egg yolks, sugar, and flour in a bowl.
- Slowly pour the hot milk over the egg mixture, whisking constantly. (make sure you don’t cook the eggs)
- Strain the mixture into a pitcher, then divide among eight ramekin dishes that have been coated with cooking spray.
- Set the ramekins in a shallow roasting pan and pour enough hot water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Bake at 160 degree Celsius for 30 minutes or until the custards are lightly set.
- Lift the custards out of the pan of hot water and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Place the custard in the fridge once cooled down.
- Can put some cinnamon and/or berries before served.